Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Weekend recap

Damn, it's only Tuesday? I guess I'm still in sleep-in Sunday mode.
T and I, along with C&C went and saw Gorevette last Friday and they were great, good time Rock 'N' Roll music. They did some covers like "Neat, Neat, Neat" from the Damned, "What do I Get?" from the Buzzcocks, as well as the Nikki Corvette song "Girls like Me". They did originals too. The song "Lustfully Yours" is a jam. You can check it out on the bands myspace page. I know that Gorevette recently recorded a bunch of songs with Jim Diamond so I expect something should be coming out early 2009. They're playing again soon at Small's for the Back In Spades Reunion show on Dec 20th. That show should rule. Back In Spades should pack em' in and justifiably so. They were/are a great Detroit Rock group with two of the best local guitar players in their ranks. They broke up way to early so it's nice to see them do a show. Hopefully it'll lead to more.
Also at last Friday's show, we caught the last half of Silverghost's set. I enjoyed what I heard. I normally don't dig on synthesizer-indie pop kind of stuff, but they do it really well. At one point I thought it would be cool if they had a drummer, but I guess that might take away from their electro sound. Silverghost lands in A2 on Friday at the Halfass with Charlie Slick and Tyvke. After Gorevette threw down, The Grande Nationals came out with a full Marshall stack bombardment and laid waste to the Magic Bag with their rock n roll barrage. Good times. The drive back to A2 was fine, but when we dropped of C&C, we somehow ended up inside their place where several rounds of a strange European liquor were consumed. Not by me of course, but needless to say some folks woke up Saturday not feeling so well. No pain, no gain right? At least you had fun right?
The rest of my weekend was pretty chilled out. Lots of house cleaning, stoner jamming, homework, and relaxing. Oh yeah, I did make the mistake of going grocery shopping on Sunday afternoon.
People suck.

No comments: